As an appreciator of affordable fashion, whenever Redtag gets in touch and asks to collaborate with me on a blog post I can’t contain my excitement! I have such a nice time browsing their store and creating fun looks for children that I often end up with a shopping cart full, when I only went shopping for one look! They have such a brilliant selection of stylish options at really affordable prices that it makes shopping there a guilt-free pleasure – and therefore that much MORE fun!
I also enjoy the Redtag shopping experience for the way they display the fashion. Each display unit is themed – usually with matching tops and bottoms, which means you can easily mix and match outfits without losing hours trying to figure out what goes well with what. This makes it especially great when shopping for special events, when you have very little time.
For this collaboration, I was asked to style an adorable little girl named Aayra in two different looks specifically for Eid. A task made super-easy thanks to how naturally pretty she is :), combined with the cute clothing choices at Redtag.
Look 1: Dressed Up
For Aayra’s first look, I selected a beautiful rich ruby red formal dress. The studded Peter Pan collar gives it that extra glam factor and the ribbing on the dress says anything but high street! This, paired with little gold, glittery lace shoes creates a look that is oh so sweet, yet stylish. Doesn’t she look like a little movie star?
LOOK 2: Casually Cool
For a more toned down Eid look, this playful ensemble is very on-trend!I wanted to show you just how versatile ballet flats are – they can be worn for formal occasions or dressed down for a more casual look. One shoe, two looks, equals extra bang for your buck! Something you should keep in mind when shopping for your little ones.
In this look, Aayra is wearing navy cotton leggings with gold studs down the side. On top, I opted for a lightweight gold knit blouse which goes really well with the studs on her leggings and gold shoes. It can be worn as is, or for a bit of extra panache, throw in her zip-down lace, cream and gold bomber jacket. I also chose to add in the bobble necklace, since she is a real girly girl. As for the pink shimmery cat ears, I simply couldn’t resist and she loved them too! Smart accessories can really help piece together an entire look.
My Top Style Tips for Eid:
- Choose something that they will feel comfortable in. Aayra’s dress was soft and silky – you can see in the photos that she felt confident and comfy in it. It is so important you pay attention to the fabric. My top choices (after endless meltdowns with my diva of a 4 year old) are a silk-like fabric or soft cotton, as they feel nice against their skin.
- Opt for darker colored clothes as white shows dirt easily. Think forward to the special parties you’ll be attending where there’ll be lots of food and the kids will be running wild. We all know where that food will end up and you don’t want to be left washing out a stain in the bathroom while everyone else is having a ball at the party.
- If your child isn’t fond of wearing accessories, such as jewelry or headbands, a dress with a bit of applique is a great alternative.
- Glitter and lace shoes are nicely on-trend – my kids love them – and the pair featured on Aayra, are the perfect pick for any party.
- My last tip for dressing up for Eid…don’t be afraid to add gold or silver! It adds instant sparkle to any party look!
Visit your nearest Redtag store and check out their entire range of Eid collections @ www.redtag-stores.com